The best facial cleansing brush can be purchased for less money than you think. Whether you’re a woman or a man, if you wash your face every day, then you know that getting a Hollywood looking radiant skin is not easy.
Rarely do your genetics alone give you a radiant look. Most likely, and this applies to almost everybody on the face of the planet, getting a healthy radiant skin needs care and dedication.
*Please note: This post contains affiliate links. Several links in this post will take you to Amazon.com or to other sites where you can find out additional information about some of the products mentioned here, read reviews, and check out prices.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Prepping For Your Facial Brush Session
- 3 What Is The Best Facial Cleansing Brush?
- 4 Are Exfoliating Facial Cleansing Brushes Good For Your Skin?
- 5 Best Facial Cleansing Brush – A Closer Look
- 6 Our Criteria For The Best Cleansing Brushes
- 7 Best Practices On Cleaning Your Exfoliating Face Brush
- 8 Final Thoughts On Choosing The Best Face Brush And Cleanser For Your Skin
In case you just want to get to the bottom of things, here they are. We discuss the pros and cons of 3 of the top brushes below and also talk briefly about the last two.
Top Pick: Electric Vibrating Sonic Facial and Body Cleansing Brush.
Pick #2: Pro-X by Olay Microdermabrasion Plus Advanced Facial Cleansing Brush System.
Pick #3: Skin Cleansing System Facial Brush & Body Care Kit for Women & Men.
Pick #4: 5 in 1 Facial Hair Removal Cordless Electric Shaver Facial Cleaning Brush.
Pick #5: Foreo Luna Mini Silicone Face Brush with Facial Cleansing.
In this post, we will review 5 top electric brushes that you can use for your skin type and gender to improve your facial and body skin.
Prepping For Your Facial Brush Session
- Place a clean wash cloth in hot water and then place it on your face for 2 minutes. You can also boil water and turn off the heat. Get close to the steam for about 5 minutes while using a towel over your head so that the steam does not escape too quickly.
- Add the right facial cleansing product for your skin type during your regimen with the facial brush.
About once a week, add an exfoliating regimen to your skincare routine. For more, check out our post titled How To Unclog Pores At Home (13 Ways For Removing Blackheads).
A combination of all of these will ensure that you keep your skin free from all the oil and debris.
What Is The Best Facial Cleansing Brush?
Some of us are prone to acne. Others have oily skin that gets blocked with blackheads and whiteheads. These days, having bad skin is no longer a big deal because with little help, we can turn a dull face into a healthy looking face that is the envy of others. There are skin exfoliating brushes that can help your skin feel radiant and healthy, and some inexpensive and powerful cleansers are now available to anyone without having to go to a spa.
In the midst of all the skin care products out there, the best facial cleansing brushes should be ones that are of excellent quality, reviewed positively by a lot of people, and are not too expensive. This post will discuss the best brushes that fit these criteria.
Without further ado, let’s find you the best face brush that is highly rated, effective, and affordable.
Other names for the facial brush include:
- Face Brush
- Face Cleansing Brush
- Face Cleaning Brush
- Cleansing Brush
- Facial Scrub Brush
- Electronic Face Cleansing Brush
Are Exfoliating Facial Cleansing Brushes Good For Your Skin?
Whether you choose an exfoliating facial brush that spins to remove toxins, or a Microdermabrasion brush that scrubs to remove dead skin, it is important to just try one and see how your skin feels. Your preference for a brush for face or a facial brush for acne and your lifestyle will dictate whether you want a rechargeable face cleansing brush (if you don’t travel a lot), or a battery face scrubber (if you like to take it places).
Even if you only use an exfoliating facial cleansing brush once or twice, you will start seeing results immediately. Some people experience breaking out a bit more at the beginning, but this is normal.
You will notice your skin get ridiculously soft after using a facial brush. Keep using it, and your blackhead will eventually disappear as well. An exfoliating facial cleansing brush will also help with scarring, acne, dark spots, and exfoliation.
Best Facial Cleansing Brush – A Closer Look
- This Facial brush from MiroPure is affordable and well-made.
- Multiple oscillating modes – PulseLift, Deep Cleansing, & Sensitive Skin: It can pulsate at an impressive 5,000 pulse oscillation per minute, making it one of the fastest cleansing brushes available. You will start feeling the powerful impact of this product on your skin while cleaning your pores. Make sure to close your eyes when you get the brush close to your nose, since you don’t want to get any of the cleanser residue in your eyes.
- Waterproof and can be used in the shower: You can take it in the shower with you, and it will not break while being used in wet surroundings. You can use it to help rejuvenate the skin around your feet area, elbows, body, or your arms and legs.
- Noticeable effects in a short time: The vibrating cleaning power of this product will be noticeable almost immediately. One month after use will make a dramatic difference in your skin.
- It works on many skin types: It works for bumpy skin, skin that is prone to acne, or skin with hyper-pigmentation. It will work on areas of the body where the skin may be too flaky and dry (i.e. feet, heels, etc.) If you like to use natural products, you can try the organic virgin coconut oil for a moisturizer after using the brush on your feet. You can also use your regular moisturizer.
- Easy to apply and does not hurt your hand: You will not need to apply pressure while using this electric facial brush, because the power of the unit is sufficient enough to do the job. Also, you don’t want to irritate your skin by applying force. So, just use the brush and let it do its magic.
- No batteries needed: This product is rechargeable. Goodbye expensive batteries that have to be replaced once in a while. The back of the device will light up when you plug it into the charger. Once the red light stops flashing, then you know that your unit has been recharged and it’s ready for use. You don’t really have to recharge the unit every day, because the internal battery can last from 1-2 weeks, depending on the frequency of usage.
- This Sonic face scrub machine includes:
– 1x Cleansing Brush (works as a facial cleanser brush, and as a body cleansing brush).
– 1x Facial Cleansing Brush Head.
– 1x Body Cleansing Brush Head.
– 1x Wireless Charge Base.
– 1x Charge Adapter.
– 1x User Manual.
- Available replacement brushes: You can purchase a professional replacement facial cleansing brush heads easily and without hassle. The replacement product will include 4x brush heads attachments that are suited for daily skin care: Large body brush, sensitive facial brush, silicone facial brush, and regular face brush.
- Lifetime guarantee & excellent customer service: To maintain its status as a provider of the top rated facial cleansing brushes, the manufacturer is aiming for 100% customer satisfaction. Therefore, if you have any issues with the waterproof facial brush at any time (even a year later), just contact the manufacturer for a replacement or a refund. You will get a prompt reply and great customer service, no matter what the issue is and with no questions asked!
- Hummm. We tried to find something horrible about this facial and body cleansing brush system, but we can’t really find anything bad about this product. Good face brushes usually have excellent (and many) reviews, and this product fits this criteria. Some people may not like the fact that the internal batteries are rechargeable (since they cannot be removed if the product stops working), but we like this feature for people on a tight budget.
Designed by professional dermatologists: This facial brush from Olay is a good option and is #2 on our list.
Dermatologists understand how the skin works and what it requires to rejuvenate it in a healthy way. The Global Derm Alliance has partnered with the group of world-renowned dermatologists to produce this product.
This team of professionals has expertise in clinical methods, biochemistry, molecular biology, and dermatology. They not only apply skin chemistry metrics, but combine their knowledge to employing state-of-the-art skin care techniques.
- It exfoliates with the sponge, and cleans with the brush: The Microdermabrasion cleaning sponge will help you exfoliate your dead skin. The brush will help you clean out the impurities on a more frequent basis. For best results, use the Microdermabrasion sponge once a week to exfoliate dead skin, and then use the brush the rest of the week for maintenance, and to clear your pores from oil and toxins.
- Water proof and can be used in the shower: It can be used in the shower without worrying about it getting wet. A waterproof facial cleansing brush is a big plus, and is more durable than a regular non water-resistant facial brush.
- Multiple speed settings and sturdy functionality: It has 2 speed settings that allow the skin to be cleansed while exfoliating dead skin. Although it may feel soft on your hand, it will feel just right on your facial skin. This is because your face is a lot more sensitive than your hands. Choosing a good cleanser can help you get the most out of this Pro-X Advanced model.
- Comes with its own trial cleanser: The cleanser has tiny sand-like pieces in it (be careful not to get them in your eyes). Olay has good age-defying and skin care products, and you can always purchase the Olay complete anti-aging complete system. If you want the best exfoliating brush experience, then you would want to use the higher of the two settings available. The brush turns in one direction for consistency. If you run out of the provided trial facial scrub brush product, we recommend that you try other products to see how your skin feels on both. If the Olay trial product runs out, try other product to see if you like them better. There are good scrubs that you can use with the Olay facial brush such as Cetaphil.
- Safe to use every day: If you suffer from breakouts, then you probably want to try and use the product every day, but be sure not to irritate your skin. Once your breakouts get under control, then you can use it twice a week.
- This Microdermabrasion brush system includes:
– 1x Replaceable Brush (sometimes referred to as the Olay facial scrub).
– 1x Replaceable Sponge (sometimes referred to as the Olay Microdermabrasion brush).
– 1x Spinning Brush Cleaner.s- 1x Starter Cleanser.
– 2x Duracell Batteries. The Duracell is an excellent brand of batteries that will last a very long time. Once the batteries run out, consider the Panasonic ENELOOP brand of batteries that last a very long time.
- Available travel case that can be purchased separately: If you would like to take the product with you on your travels, then you’d probably want to invest a small amount of money to purchase the Olay Pro-X travel case. It will hep product the facial brush while taking it in your suitcase or purse.
- Available replacement brushes: You can purchase fairly inexpensive replacement 2x soft replacement face brush heads, which will last up to 3 months each.
- Battery operated facial brush: You will have to spend a couple of bucks on batteries every once in a while. However, even the included batteries can last a long time. Some people love the feature of battery scrub brushes. Therefore, this “con” is questionable. Battery operated brushes can have an edge. They are compact and more travel-friendly than other facial cleansing brushes. They can easily be taken out camping or on vacation, as they do not need electricity. It would be best to get stronger batteries over the generic ones that come with the product.
Expensive brushes can run upwards of $100 plus, but not this facial brush system from ToiletTree Products. This facial brush and body system for men and women also work as a body exfoliator brush and is very affordable with tons of bang for the buck.
- Works for women or men of all ages and skin types: This facial scrub brush can make a great gift for a young person or gift it to a friend or loved on of age or gender. It has added features that normal brushes do not have.
- It runs smoothly: All the skin exfoliation brushes on this product spin smoothly. You don’t need to worry about an operation failing in the middle of your session.
- It can be used in the shower: This cleansing face brush is water-proof and can operate in the shower. This means that you can use it while taking a shower for your feet, your elbows, legs, hands and arms, or anywhere you feel your skin needs help.
- Sturdy, gentle and made of good quality: Don’t let the affordable price fool you. This cleansing brush for face and for body has a good weight and a good feeling to it. We have used expensive brands and we couldn’t find a difference at all. Don’t be alarmed if the facial cleansing brush circulation slows down if you hold and apply too much pressure on the product. This is normal. You will get the hang of it in no time. Make sure to read the instructions in order to hold it properly.
- Impressive speed: If you press too hard or too soft, the face brush may fluctuate in speed but it does not stop spinning. Skin exfoliating brushes of this caliber will work very well, even if you press firmly against it.
- Here are all the additional products that come with this face scrub system:
– 2x Face Exfoliaters (1 soft for sensitive skin types & 1 medium for normal skin types).
– 1x Large Body exfoliater brush.
– 1x Pumice Sphere (this is a stone-like attachment that tackles dead skin on your elbows or feet while in the shower. This is what separates this product from the rest).
- Available replacement brushes and pumice stones: You can purchase various replacement heads for the product, varying from 10x soft facial brushes, to 2x medium facial brushes, to 2x body brushes, or 2x pumise stones (the spheres we mentioned above).
- Excellent customer service: If you experience any issues related to the product, be sure to contact the manufacturer, even if the warranty has expired (The warranty should be listed inside the product’s packaging). They have taken care of customers, even after a period of time passed from the date of purchase.
- Uses 4 x AA batteries: The only debatable con we found is that this product needs batteries. However, some have described having to change the batteries as “a blessing in disguise”. This is because other cleansing brushes that plug in directly to electricity sometimes die within a couple of years or so of usage. So, it really depends on your preference, but this is not a rechargeable products. However, considering the great features of this battery operated face brush, this is a very minor minus. Even after 2 weeks of using this product with the batteries that came with it, it was still going strong.
- Since this product is waterproof, the battery compartment has a water seal and may be damaged if you use force, so make sure that you are gentle when replacing the batteries so that you don’t break the seal. If you have any issues with the compartment seeping water, be sure to contact the manufacturer. If you want batteries that last a long time, you can consider purchasing the top rated Panasonic ENELOOP brand of batteries that will last a very long time.
This facial brush from Aooher has 5 functions in 1 box：1 x facial epilator head, 1 lady shaver head, 1x brush head, 1 x hard skin remover head, 1 x facial massager head. This is complete system and can make a great gift for someone.
This mini silicone facial brush from Foreo is a super fast luxury item. It uses a T-sonic technology that has 8,000 pulsations per minute. It is unique in the sense that it’s made out of silicone and comes in different colors. It is small and compact, yet it does a great job.
Our Criteria For The Best Cleansing Brushes
We want to share our simple, yet extremely powerful criteria:
- Quality & Reputation – It is not new news that a lot of high brands that are being sold on e-commerce platforms are counterfeit. Although the quality of these products may be OK, we want to make sure that we don’t recommend them here, since we can’t verify these facts. We did our research and found out that most department store brand names are extremely expensive, and are not necessarily genuine when purchased online. So, if you decide to spend some money on a Clarisonic Mia1 or Clarisonic Mia2 online, do your own research.
- Affordability – Finding a more expensive skin cleansing tool does not mean that its quality is better. If you save $50 on a product, you can invest the money somewhere else, like for example buying facial cleansers, toners, and creams.
Best Practices On Cleaning Your Exfoliating Face Brush
- Clean your exfoliating facial brush daily: If you plan on using your facial brush on a daily basis, we recommend that you also clean it daily.
- Soak your exfoliating brush head in alcohol: There’s nothing wrong in soaking the brush head in alcohol. No, we’re not talking about vodka here, but rather rubbing alcohol. Doing this for 1-5 minutes will help kill any leftover bacteria. You can find rubbing alcohol probably in your medicine cabinet, or you can get it at your local drug store. They are extremely inexpensive and effective in keeping your facial brush head clean.
- Replace the brush head once every 3 months: If you use the brush frequently, you probably should replace the brush every 3 months or so. A good test is to look at the bristles and see if they are worn down. You don’t want to wait too long to replace the brush head if you use this product on a regular basis, because it can accumulate germs over time, not to mention that bad bristles can scratch your skin.
Final Thoughts On Choosing The Best Face Brush And Cleanser For Your Skin
As we get older, we notice wrinkles, dark spots, whiteheads, blackheads, zits or pimples, breaking skin and all sorts of skin problems. Our pimples haunt us, and our wrinkles push us to spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars per year just to look like those movie stars, thinking that they are immune from skin problems.
If you think that your little tiny pimple on your face is too horrendous, then you can imagine how it would feel to be a movie star with what looks like a 20 gallon balloon projected on a big screen. Zits or not, the show must go on! So, don’t feel bad if you have some skin issues…
If you want to improve your skin, then by all means take care of it and get yourself a good little facial brush. Don’t just put it on the shelf… Use it!
What about you?
Do you have any good or bad experiences with a facial brush product? Let’s hear it!
- Hilarious Mother’s Day gift ideas: 10 Funny gifts for mom who has everything.
- The gift of a less stressful life: 23 Perfect Stress Relief Gifts For Stressed Out People.
- The gift of cooking with little or no oil: Best Air Fryers On The Market.
- The gift of lessening the impact of arthritis: 25 Perfect Gifts For People With Arthritis.
- The gift of massagers: Best Back Massager & Home Massagers.